[hpsdr] Mercury firmware update. How?

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Sun Feb 22 17:19:36 PST 2009

Forrest;

You need several things first.
If you do not have it already... download and install TortoiseSVN
<http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tortoisesvn/TortoiseSVN-1.5.8.15348-win32-svn-1.5.5.msi?download>

You need to download the Altera Programming tools from,
<https://www.altera.com/support/software/download/programming/quartus2/dnl-quartus2_programmer.jsp>
You will need to create an account and log in

You also need to create an SVN folder from the repository;

svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/USBBlaster-Binaries

Do this by creating a blank folder on your desktop and right clicking
and pointing the svn build to the repository above

**********************************************************************************************************************************
You need to follow the instructions in the README.txt file you find
there ( in the above directory) as mentioned.
***********************************************************************************************************************************

If all is well run the batch file after completing the driver installs...

The batch file will run and if it finds your board it will give you
choices on which firmware to load..

This is all setup for XP 32 bit ... Vista and Windows 7 require
special handling...

You need to remove all but Ozzy and Mercury and put them in the slots
specified. You also need to install the jumper specified on Mercury.

I definitely would NOT change the default directory install of the
Quartus Programmer as the batch file will not be able to find what it needs...

Doug
KD8B