[hpsdr] Call for comments - EXCALIBUR

Richard Faust dick_faust at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:51:05 PST 2009

I would definitely be interested in a circuit board.  I have several older but unused 10MHz TCXO's and hope one of them could be fitted to the layout [they are 1 1/2 or 2" square] I expect I will need some type of adapter to get onto a 1.6" high board or just treat it as an external reference standard.

Some layout space for a stand alone / adjustable voltage regulator might be nice.  Many TCXO's run from regulated 12v, but I have one that runs on 10V - newer ones probably lower.  Frequency standards should be run 24 - 7 to minimize the aging and drift.  Can take up to 30 days to reach final stability after each power up [properties of quartz], so probably would not want to run power from the Atlas bus for the TCXO.

Thanks,

Dick Faust K9IVB