[hpsdr] OT but relates to Intel Atom

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 03:38:49 PST 2009

Hi

I recently bought a D945GCLF2 board i.e. an Intel Atom with a view to
using it in a dedicated HPSDR set-up.

Simply as a test, I installed Linux Fedora 10 x86_64. When I log in
and run the System Monitor, to my surprise, I see that the system
thinks it has 4 CPUs.

I have a separate system which has an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz which I
can boot into Fedora 10 x86_64 or WinXP Home. While in F10 I can see 4
CPUs but was expecting that as it is a "Quad".

I thought the Atom was only a Core 2 Dual processor so why can F10 see
4 CPUs? I was expecting to see only 2 CPUs.

Puzzled...

73
Chris G4NUX