[hpsdr] Mercury V2.2 and Stage 2 Beta testing

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Thu Jan 1 03:45:28 PST 2009

All,

Feedback from the Stage 1 Mercury V2.1 beta testers has been favorable so time to move to V2.2 and Stage 2 beta testers.

No additional features in V2.2; more code reviews from Kirk, KD7IRS, and no timing warnings.

If you would like to take part in the Stage 2 testing then down load using SVN here

< svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/USBBlaster-Binaries >

Look at the README file and follow the instructions.

Stage 2 loads some code into the Ozy FX2 that makes it look like an Altera USBblaster. We then use standard Quartus tools to load the flash memory on Mercury.

I do get an error from quartus_pgm when running this code but I think it's an Altera issue since the program seems to load just fine.

Any problems or questions please use the HPSDR reflector resources to resolve.

Again, if you are not comfortable with doing this then shorty we will move to Stage 3 which will have a fully automatic process to update the flash memory on Mercury.

Happy New Year.

73's Phil....VK6APH