[hpsdr] Antec Fusion Case Photos with Mercury and Driver Amp Installed

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Sat Jan 3 16:32:53 PST 2009

ferrites This web site  shows the status of my HPSRD in an Antec
Fusion case now:
http://gallery.me.com/w9kfb1/100340
I have Mercury at version 2.2, and have added a Communication
Concepts, Inc. 20 watt driver Amp. I measured at least 10 watts out on
all bands except 6 meters where I saw 3 watts in a quick test with a
dummy load. Cost of the Amp parts kit was $109.20 (AN799L).  I have
ordered a solid state T/R switch from Gerd, DJ8AY, and the front hard
drive bay is, all cleared for the Alex assembly. After distributing
over 90 EMI clamp-ons to every I/O in the shack, the rig  was scanned
for images by Hank Wolfla, who has had much experience with SDR
systems. Hank said that it was very clean from images or other noise
sources with a dummy load on the RX antenna. We think the included
Antec power supply is very quite electrically.
Ron W9KFB