[hpsdr] Another Milestone?

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 21:42:40 PST 2009

On Jan 04/2009 @ 0425z, WW2R and K1RQG completed an easy contact on 432.017
MHz EME.
We were both using HPSDR Mercury (V2.2)/Penelope as our 28 MHz IF systems.
Signals were
549 at K1RQG QTH and 559 at WW2R. I am in Maine (K1RQG) and Dave  (WW2R) is
in Texas.

Dave used the Display to zero in on the moon as he had lost his calibration
during cable repairs
earlier in the day. Once he peaked on my signal using PowerSDR, it was easy
QSO. 48k
sampling helped me out as I could look at a relatively small frequency  range
and pick Dave's
signal out with ease. Normally you would think a wide frequency range would
be the best, but
not when you are looking for the weak ones!

I also have five other EME contacts today using HPSDR to include an SSB
contact with WA4NJP.

The other neat thing tonight was that Dave and I later met on 75 meters on
SSB running the
HPSDR board set (also worked Dale, WA8SRA earlier).

73 es again, thanks to all!

de Joe
K1RQG
**************Stay up-to-date on the latest news - from fashion trends to
celebrity break-ups and everything in between.
(http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000024)