[hpsdr] HPSDR & SDR-1K running on same pc via USB

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Tue Jan 6 17:15:27 PST 2009

Thanks to all that responded to my queries about parallel ports, USB, etc.

I'm happy to report that I can in fact run two instances of PowerSDR on the
same PC using separate USB ports - one for HPSDR (currently just Mercury &
Ozy installed but will soon put Penelope back) and another to the SDR-1000
via the USB-parallel cable.  Now I can do some comparisons of performance.
With both radios in RX, typical CPU load was about 7% with an Intel QUAD4
board (Q6700) running XP SP3.

73, Pete, N3EVL