[hpsdr] Penelope

Hulen Smith clay1952 at cmaaccess.com
Wed Jan 7 15:27:04 PST 2009

Hello All,

I got Penelope going today right from the getgo since getting my USBIO
driver working with my hardware. It sounds great on a second receiver
however I can't hardly get 100mw out of it using COMP AND CMPD. I'm
wondering if we could be told where in the software to fine tune the PWR
out so we can get at least 400-500 mils. I have no interest in
increasing IMD products but sure would like to get what this little
jewel is rated for.

I've used a 1 watt HF Bird slug, WM2 watt meter and an IFR-120B.  They
all read close enough for government work. It will tune at 60mw, talk at
70-80 mils and with COMP & CMPD get very close to 100mw while
screaming.  ;)

Anyone have any ideas?

I'll look back through the archives as well but wanted to ask again if
the subject had already come up so we can get another fresh look at this
issue.

Did I mention it had darn good audio? :)

Thanks Guys
Hulen
K5HCS