[hpsdr] Off the shelf cases for HPSDR Components

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Wed Jan 7 16:31:48 PST 2009

I was dissatisfied with the result of using two cases for the
components (one for the computer and one for the HPSDR components), so
last night I repackaged the atlas and the three boards: Ozy,Penny,
Mercury, the and the Driver Amp in a different (not the Antec Fusion)
off-the-shelf case. This time I used an Antec New Solution Series
NSK2480 case. I removed the HardDrive bay but other than do that and
drill a few holes in the bottom of the case for new standoffs no other
changes to the case were made mechanically. Quite a bit of wiring
changes were made using an ATX power supply extension cable. It was
all successful using a Mini ITX motherboard. View photos of the
finished project at: http://gallery.me.com/w9kfb1#100348
Note the use of a 32GB SSD SATA Patriot drive to make room.

Ron, W9KFB