[hpsdr] Phoenix Error

richardh at iinet.net.au richardh at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 7 19:42:13 PST 2009

Phil et all building Phoenix prototypes

I am finally in a place where I can start to set up some electronics
Hopefully will be here for a while (Wadeye/Port Keats in remote NT - see if you can
find that on Google Earth!)
I have built Atlas and assembling Phoenix - PSU is the next project. I have Janus
and Ozy. I have enough computing firepower but it is all Linux (do I have to have
Windows?)

There is an error in the PLL loop filter of the AD9912 DDS - it seems that I have
not connected one of the capacitors (the one in series with the resistor) - check
this on your boards. Strangely enough this does not show in the DRC - I will
investigate.
This might explain Phil why there are many spurs

This is a remote aboriginal community - one of the largest with a reputation for
violence and trouble, but I have not seen too much of this so far. The medical work
is pretty intense but interesting. There are a couple of radio enthusiasts here who
use 5030 KHz HF SSB - will have to get something going on this frequency.

Richard VK6BRO