[hpsdr] Mercury firmware upgrade issue

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at verizon.net
Sat Jan 10 11:35:53 PST 2009

Hello all.

My wife went off to see her mother for the weekend, so I have some time to
try out Mercury.

I first powered it up with the original firmware from TAPR. Just Mercury and
Ozy on the Atlas for now. It seemed to work OK, with just a few audio
dropouts. Not too concerned about that, I figure that some tweaking of
buffer sizes, etc may be in order.

I proceeded to follow the instructions for loading new firmware into Mercury
via Ozy. Followed the excellent instructions for loading ByteBlaster driver,
etc. All proceeded normally. I loaded ver 2.3 into Mercury OK.

Now when I start PowerSDR, it appears my baseline noise level has risen to
about -85 dBm, with the preamp off. I am sure it was closer to -125 dBm
before. I am using the same board pattern in Atlas and same P/S as before
the Mercury firmware upgrade.

Strange... Any thoughts?

-Bruce Beford, N1RX