[hpsdr] Problems with Mercury

Brian Crighton m5bjcc at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 11 06:31:58 PST 2009

Hi All,

Thanks Phil for your help and everybody else's, but I am still in trouble, I have followed the instruction to the letter
to update Mercury but it fails.

What happens is I get as far as to enter what version of code to load, say E for 2.4 and all that happens is that it says
The Device is not ready
Press any key to continue. (Version 2.4 etc is there).
All loading to that point shows no errors.

Then nothing happens apart from coming out of the program.

If I look in device manager after loading usb blaster drivers it is shown as there Altera USB-Blaster in universal serial Busses.
but when I look in device manager after powering off and adding Mercury I only see the OZY Host Assisted Firmware Load
Altera usb-blaster is not there.

Is this my problem - I am lost what to do.

Can anybody help me please as I am nearly bald!

Regards

Brian Crighton.

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear about your problem with Mercury. Have you loaded the latest version on Mercury into the card?

Try your boards like this

Mercury in slot 6 (next to the power connector) gap Penny gap Ozy

if that does not work try

Mercury slot 6 - Penny slot 5 - Ozy slot 4

I'm working on this slot dependency now - a tough one!

73's Phil.... VK6APH