[hpsdr] Thermal

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 14 15:17:01 PST 2009

Hi All,
I come from the mil world so.........I'm crazy
We have nobody to blame but ourselves. Not TAPR. We all had a chance to review the design. Yes the part is within its ratings. It is your choice if you want to make a change.
I really value TAPR support and have no issue with their efforts. This RX rocks I can fix the small issue. The future maybe it would be a good idea to check out the design package. I would have a problem if someone blew me off. I suggested ESD terminations early on which were added. We all know the value of them in the cold dry winter up here in the N.E.
I was on 160 AM last night and hit A/D saturation on voice peaks. I have a nice SMA transfer relay to terminate the input to 50 ohms in TX. No big deal.
I didn't mean to start anything with my comments but HPSDR means HP and in my 30 years of building receivers I've made my share of mistakes. Frank WA1GFZ