[hpsdr] Situation north of the Arctic circle.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Thu Jan 15 11:03:48 PST 2009

Hello all:

As you remember I had a static discharge damaging the Ozy. Fortunately it
was only the Cyclone II chip that was damaged and it arrived yesterday. I
replaced it today and after fixing a few shorts (made by me during
soldering) the Mercury/Ozy is now up and running. After the calibrating
process I must say I am very impressed.The sensitivity is better than I
have measured on any RX before.

Concerning the heat on the ADC, my meaning is  that it is not dangerous in
any way, I think it would be wise to make the cooling pad larger in a
future production series. But as it is now it is well inside the
specifications.

I am now starting to install the units I have in the cabinet before doing
any further tests. I learned a very important thing by this static
discharge: You can not take enough measures of precautions against static.

73, de Kjell LA2NI