[hpsdr] PowerSDR Request

Mark Amos mark at amos-family.com
Fri Jan 16 11:10:42 PST 2009

Thanks for adding the frequency calibration facility.  I'd like to be able
to adjust out that last couple of Hz...  If the correction factor could be
manually adjusted, I'm sure I'd be able to set it spot on.

Speaking of spot on, I saw that there was an update to the Mercury code that
looks like it had something to do with an external clock on C16... I'd like
to be able to feed this clock pin from a GPSDO.  I had some notes on this,
but can't seem to lay my hands on them.  What level should the clock be to
fed to C16 and does it need to be square or will a nice sin shaped frequency
standard do the trick?

I just replaced a horribly noisy ATX power supply with an Astek 16130 that
seems to be much quieter (I used a little loop pickup and the SDR1000 to
compare the two - the improvements were obvious.)  Also, a 12 V PC power
supply fan blowing across the board stack seems to keep the Mercury ADC
plenty cool.

What a fun radio.  Thanks!

Looking forward to Alex!

Mark