[hpsdr] Wideband spectrum scope

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 05:04:45 PST 2009

As a reference point for the "new" 50 MHz bandscope capability for Mercury:

Early last year, we added the capability to have a 25 KHz to 50 MHz
on-the-fly adjustable spectrum display ability to SDRMAX/QS1R.  We are
able to sustain up to 40 frames per second (updates/sec) so the
spectrum display appears to be real time to the eye.   This is
completely independent of the real time demodulated channel.

Our new pending release of the C++/Qt based SDRMAXIII and QS1RServer
will allow us to double the resolution of the spectrum display while
maintaining the capability to adjust the wide band spectrum scope
on-the-fly.

If this sounds interesting to you, please consider joining the QS1R
mailing list at : <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qs1r>

--
Phil Covington
Software Radio Laboratory LLC