[hpsdr] Dynamic range.

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 17 13:51:35 PST 2009

Hi All.
I finally got a chance to check the dynamic range with the latest software on 75 meters. I started with two signals spaced 2.5 KHz apart and worked out to 50 KHz spacing. The spur made audio with both signals around -26 dBM. So with an MDS around -136 dBM at 500 Hz. bandwidth we are looking at a dynamic range of 110 dB. Blocking happens when listening to one signal at MDS and the other at around -14 dBM.
I'm impressed.
Above tests with no attenuator switched in. I have not replaced the relay yet.
Frank WA1GFZ