[hpsdr] Install of USBIO on ATOM 330 fails

Dale Boresz dmb at lightstream.net
Sun Jan 18 13:24:26 PST 2009

I have the ATOM 330 dual-booting Windows XP Professional x64 and Ubuntu
8.10 64-bit. (Thank you very much Bob, N4HY for leading the way with
your postings about this. They were invaluable!)

The FLEX-5000A runs great on it at a 96KHz sample rate and RX2 also
running, with CPU usage at about 23%.

Figured I'd try to get the HPSDR running as well, but am unable to
install the USBIO drivers (from the FlexRadio downloads site).
Attempting to do so generates the following error message:

"The loader cannot find the 'C:\Documents and Settings\dmb\Local
Settings\Temp\ckz_SK4D\InstMsiW.exe' file necessary to load the Windows
Installer."

Googling this file indicates that it is used for NT4, but I see no
mention of it in relation to XP-64.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dale, WA8SRA