[hpsdr] Fwd: Re: Mercury v2.4 -- still distorted audio

George george at medakovich.com
Tue Jan 27 17:30:47 PST 2009

I initially got my Mercury working reasonably well with PowerSDR in
Windows 2000 on an ASUS A7N8X-based pc with a 1150MHz AMD Athlon.

Shut down unnecessary services, disable anti-virus scanning and fiddle with
the video and priority settings.  I found that I could get a usable panadapter
display by reducing the frame rate and by turning on averaging.  This was with
the original v1 firmware.

Realtime priority actually worked worse than setting the process above normal.

There were also some suggestions earlier about changing the audio buffer
settings.

George, ae5ci