[hpsdr] Mercury: Selection of frequency Segments

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:13:14 PST 2009

Wait until the polyphase filter bank code I am doing channelizes the N-khz
wide channels  Alex will provide  and does so in a manner you can combine
multiple channels easily for quantized but variable bandwidth.  With what
Alex is doing and this code,  we can run HUNDREDS of receivers in the same
amount of CPU time now processing the seven channels at full rate.  We
should be shot for not doing this before now.  Again,  Alex is helping very
much to lead the way and being a contester myself,  I hope this upsets every
apple cart in town.  The stuffed shirts!  The very idea of writing a
statistical detection of use of CW skimmer and automatic promotion from
unassisted to assisted when this is used sets my teeth to grinding.

Keep up the good work Alex!

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"And yes I said, yes I will Yes", Molly Bloom