[hpsdr] Mercury: Selection of frequency Segments

Steven Wilson stevew at intrinsix.com
Mon Jan 5 17:07:43 PST 2009

Bob,

Okay - Now you've got me completely confused.  (Not terribly difficult
to accomplish mind you... since I can't count above 1 being a digital
kinda guy..)

I've already posted my basic understanding of how Mercury runs. What I
"thought" Alex was providing was a brute force equivalent fitting the
same basic architecture times 7.  In my simple (minded) model that would
mean 7 separate phase accumulators driving the separate cordics doing
the DDC.

So please oh wise and wonderful guru -  explain in simple words how we
take this to HUNDREDS of receivers?  Does it have something to do with
the width of the sampled base band?

73 de STeve KA6S