[hpsdr] USB Driver for Windows XP64?

Rick Hambly (W2GPS) w2gps at cnssys.com
Fri Jan 9 05:54:32 PST 2009

Bill,

Thanks. This worked fine after I figured out how to build the new .inf file.
For the record, here are the steps I went through.

USB Driver for Windows XP64
===========================

1) Download SIXAXIS_libusb-win64.zip from
http://www.4shared.com/file/41034572/1c815fbc/SIXAXIS.html. Unzip this file
to a temporary directory.

2) Plug in the USB cable to Ozy. Don't worry about the fact that there is no
driver to install yet. Just cancel the driver installation and let it give
you a warning.

3) In the temporary directory, run the program inf-wizard.exe. In the Device
Selection window pick the USB device with Vender ID 0xFFFE, Product ID
0x0007 - that's Ozy. Click Next.

4) Change Manufacturer to HPSDR. Change Device name to "OZY Host Assisted
Firmware Load". Click Next

5) Select a file name to save this information. I chose HPSDR.inf. Click
Next then Finish.

6) Now go to System Manager and select Device Properties. Ozy should be the
USB device with the yellow question mark next to it. It may be under the
category "LibUSB-Win32 Devices." Right click and select "Update Driver."
Select to install from a specific location and browse to your temporary
directory. Click Next and Finish.

Things should now begin to work properly. PowerSDR will load Ozy over USB
and the HPSDR stack will work just like it did under Windows XP 32. Success!

Rick
W2GPS