[hpsdr] Windows 7 HPSDR install

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Mon Jan 12 20:21:30 PST 2009

Hello Folks;
         As a follow up I tried using the Vista Fix for my MIcrosoft
Windows 7 x86 32bit Beta installation. It Works TOO!!!!!
I needed to slow down scan rate to 96 k 2048 but that is because it
is a Celeron 2.4 with 768mb of ram... not a screamer on XP let alone
Windows7/Vista.. but it does RX!!! I have not plugged in Penelope..
but just got Mercuty and Ozy running. CPU Load is running 65% just
playing an AM station....

BTW the Celeron 2.4/ 768mb  works reasonably well as a Windows 7 cpu
install.... almost XP performance.... a lot better than my history
with Vista on a similar platform...

Thanks to Bill Tracey and all who helped on this fix for Vista and
now Windows 7... we are now ready for Microsoft :-), well ....
getting there :-)

Seriously, thanks for the support, it is just awesome to get help on
the inner workings of this project...

73,
Doug
KD8B