[hpsdr] Hot ADC

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Tue Jan 13 10:53:40 PST 2009

I do not have a thermometer to measure the temp of the ADC but it felt
very hot, much more than I liked. I glued a small Heatsink on top of the
chip and it helped a bit. When I had a look at the  aeria on the bottom of
the board directly under the chip, I discowered that the solder may not
have melted properly when the board was produced. There was no sign of
solder up in the holes below the ADC. I resoldered the aeria and now the
bottom of the card is warmer than before. Unfortunately I can not confirm
this by measurements, but my feeling is that the chip is colder now.

Can someone do a tempereture measure before and after resoldering and
report back?

Kjell

På Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:33:34 +0100, skrev Charles Brain