[hpsdr] Mercury arrived

rihob., es7aaz es7aaz at hot.ee
Sat Jan 17 13:29:02 PST 2009

Hi,

I did a bit deeper research. Yes, you are right about 0% , but prefixes
8525 - 8529 are not the correct ones. These are for broadcasting and TV
apparatus, radar apparatus. The correct TARIC prefix should be 8517:

Telephone sets, including telephones for cellular networks or for other
wireless networks; other apparatus for the transmission or reception of voice,
images or other data, including apparatus for communication in a wired or wireless
network (such as a local or wide area network), other than transmission or reception
apparatus of heading 8443, 8525, 8527 or 8528

For radio equipment in amateur radio 8517699090 :

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds/cgi-bin/tardesc?ProdLine=80&Type=&Action=1&Lang=EN&SimDate=20090117&YesNo=1&Indent=-1&Flag=1&Test=&Periodic=0&Download=0&Taric=8517699090&Country=----------&Day=17&Month=01&Year=2009

The other good news for EU Hams:

CONSIGNMENTS OF NEGLIGIBLE VALUE

Article 27
Subject to Article 28, any consignments made up pf goods of negligible
value dispatched direct from a third country to a consignee in
the Community shall be admitted free of import duties.
‘Goods of negligible value’ means goods the intrinsic value of which
does not exceed a total of ECU 22 per consignment.

Article 28
The relief shall not apply to the following:
(a) alcoholic products;
(b) perfumes and toilet waters;
(c) tobacco or tobacco products.

Council Regulation (EC) No 274/2008
of 17 March 2008

3. in Article 27 the value of ECU 22 shall be replaced by EUR 150;
It shall apply from 1 December 2008.

73,
Riho, ES7AAZ.