[hpsdr] An atomic idea?

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 09:25:16 PST 2009

I have done the BIOS upgrade from bootable CD ROM (iso image on intel
web site).  It is a two step process.  You boot from the CD,  you answer
a dire warning question and THEN IT REBOOTS AND ONLY THEN DOES THE FLASH
ACTUALLY OCCUR.

It is safe.  If you take out the CD-ROM after the first boot,  it gives
an error message and proceeds merrily to POST from the old BIOS and then
boot the OS.

This BIOS update  (December 2008) is necessary to install 64 bit kernels.

Bob