[hpsdr] Mercury audio output?

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun Jan 25 10:56:49 PST 2009

The reason audio is generated using the DAC on Mercury vs. a PC sound
cards is it allows us to avoid the problem of a rate mismatch between
the sampling clock on Mercury and the clock on the PC audio card.

If you want to share a single set of speakers I'd suggest routing the
outputs you want to share through an analog mixer.    I use a
Behringer RX1602 (http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=RX1602)  -
this is an 8 channel unit so it's likely overkill if you're only
looking to share 2 channels.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)