[hpsdr] Mercury v2.4 -- still distorted audio

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:06:36 PST 2009

You are not the only people reporting that the Atom board will not
support 192,000 samples per second.  I am investigating this since it is
inconsistent with what I see from QS1R and GnuRadio.  It appears to me
to be some problem in PowerSDR (which I would not doubt).  It is not
limited to HPSDR and Mercury,  the instability is also present in F5K
(firewire interface) with 192000 and just one more serious piece of
processing turned on, such as ANF or NR.

All of this will be dealt with in dramatic fashion shortly.  Use it at
96000 for now but there are no excuses.  This should be a cakewalk for
the Atom at 192000 and there is a way to make this much easier on the
computer.

QRX,
Bob
N4HY