[hpsdr] Mercury v2.4 -- still distorted audio

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Mon Jan 26 08:06:45 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Philip Covington <p.covington at gmail.com>wrote:

> I know that DttSP has no problem running at high rates on the Atom.
> This points to a problem somewhere in the PowerSDR code (PowerSDR uses
> DttSP as its processing engine).  I am sure someone will find it.

Just as an experiment: is it possible to run PowerSDR without the panadapter
or spectrum display turned off, or at a slower update rate?

If you run it "headless," DttSP has no trouble running at 192k on far, far
less processor than the Atom 330. The first place to look for a logjam in
PowerSDR is in the graphics.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
Understanding a problem is knowing why it is hard to solve it, and why the
most straightforward approaches won't work. -- Karl Popper