[hpsdr] Mercury v2.4 -- still distorted audio

rihob., es7aaz es7aaz at hot.ee
Mon Jan 26 12:58:06 PST 2009

Hi,

I have a stone age desktop PC:
1.58 Ghz AMD Sempron 2300+
768 MB of RAM @ FSB 166Mhz

Running PowerSDR as a real time priority process @ 192Khz helped me a lot.
No distortion, even no glitch.
PowerSDR process CPU % : 30 - 55 (pumps routinely up and down)

I have not yet tested it on my laptop which is 1.66 Ghz Intel Core Duo with
1 GB RAM by Hewlett-Packard.

P.S. Thanks Phil, Lyle, Bill, Bob, Frank, TAPR and all developers for such a great radio.
It is more than a pleasure to listen to such a clean RX. It really sounds like a direct
conversion radio. I've been mainly on 40m band in EU conditions without any RX filter.
I've seen no IM products yet. Isn't it amazing ? Yes, it is ! Mercury rocks indeed !

73's from Estonia,
Riho, ES7AAZ.