[hpsdr] Dead Ozy

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Mon Jan 26 20:23:28 PST 2009

I'd start with just Ozy in the Atlas bus and apply +5v Power thru an
ammeter - does the current draw look reasonable (I see about 50ma
draw when I power on Ozy)?  Check your 5v power supply - is it giving
5v?   Then attach to PC via USB cable - do you hear the windows new
USB device sound?   If you do hear the sound run initozy11.bat from
the PowerSDR directory  - the LEDs should change  - D1 goes to fast
blink, D2-4 off, D5-8 on, D9 & 10 alternating, D11 off, D12 on.  The
current draw at this point on my setup is about 100 ma from the +5
supply.   If this does not happen the output from initozy11.bat would
be  of interest.  You can redirect the output of initozy11.bat to a
file with: initozy11.bat  2>&1 > initozy.log.txt

If attaching to the PC does not result in the PC recognizing the
board (no sound) I'd try the following:

Try a different USB cable
Try a different USB port
Try a different Computer
Look in device manager and see if Ozy or anything is listed under the
libusb-Win32 entry - any interesting error indications here?

If that does not do it then come on back and we'll think of other
things to check.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)