[hpsdr] HPSDR Project - Learning Verilog

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 09:46:30 PST 2009

The best way to do it might be to record yourself next time you teach a
class.  Video is nice but I'll bet, if you are talking to slides that audio
only is good enough.  I like audio because it can go onto an iPod.

As for picking a "time" *don't*.  Put the material on-line and let people
use it when they can.  You have to remember about "Time Zones".  This is the
Internet and there are people here who's evening hours are when it's 4:00am
at your location.  You *can't* pick one good time.

Best if you just put the material on-line and support it with email.

PS, recording aaudio well is not easy.  First off you need a good mic that
is close.  Best to buy a wireless lapel mic and record to a digital re

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:36 AM, <ke9h at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Kirk:
> Put me down as interested.
> --- Graham / KE9H
>
> ==
>
> ---- Kirk Weedman <kirk at hdlexpress.com> wrote:
> > ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
> >
> > On this note.  Would anyone be interested in learning Verilog via an
> > internet class?  I have taught courses in Verilog a few times, so I
> > could use my powerpoint slides.   I usually teach a 5 day all day
> > class/lab so that would be at least 20 hours worth of lecture unless I
> > change it a bit.  Next hurdle for me would be how can I present a
> > "webinar" type class on the internet and what time of day to do it?
> > Havent looked to see what tools there are for doing this.  Anyone
> > interested?  I am currently working on the Ozy, Janus, Mercury and
> > Penelope code under Phil Harmans direction and would be glad for others
> > to understand it when I'm done.
> >
> > Kirk Weedman  KD7IRS

=====
Chris Albertson