[hpsdr] hpsdrServer?

Roger Hayter roger at hayter.org
Fri Jan 30 12:02:21 PST 2009

Speaking as a habitual lurker on this list, this is exactly what I read
it for, to keep up with this kind of conversation.  Possibly when it
gets to coding minutiae a separate list is warranted, but for policy and
strategy there are at least some of us who would feel privileged to
listen in.

Roger GW8BFO

In message <631e964f0901290611s1bebcbar2dca43a0bedd4a0d at mail.gmail.com>,
Paul Beckmann <wa0rse at gmail.com> writes

>Excellent!
>
>John,
>
>Dan and Doug responded as well. It looks like an interesting and complex
>undertaking and that we have a core group to think about it and work on it.
>Writing a standard for packets across the UDP link (ethernet or internal)
>would be a good idea, possibly including and expanding the sd1rServer/SDRMAX
>interface specification.
>
>I'm not sure how to proceed to keep this going but not overload the list.
>Perhaps a Teamspeak session or two?
>
>73
>--Paul, wa0rse
>On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:17 AM, John Melton <John.Melton at sun.com> wrote:
>
>> I have had a quick look at this and was planning on try to implement an
>> ozyServer that had the same client interface as qs1rServer, but used the
>> linux ozy driver (currently under development) and sdr-core.
>>
>> -- John g0orx/n6lyt
>>
>> On 28 Jan 2009, at 21:29, Paul Beckmann wrote:
>>
>>  ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
>>>

>>> I know that there is a strong similarity the qs1r and Mercury hardware and
>>> that prompts me to ask:
>>>
>>> Is anyone working on a piece of software like qs1rServer that will
>>> interface with the SDRMAX-II piece across ethernet?
>>>
>>> Since both are based on the same A/D, there might be some significant
>>> similarities in the code. Ozy's FPGA needs to be downloaded each time, I
>>> know, with firmware but I don't know if that piece is taken care of by the
>>> driver or needs to be handled elsewhere.
>>>
>>> I have the sneaking suspicion that someone hinted that they are working on
>>> this, perhaps as a GNUradio, but I wasn't able to find the reference.
>>>
>>> 73
>>> --Paul, wa0rse

Roger Hayter