[hpsdr] Gibraltar: new GPS module

George Boudreau GeorgeB at Linux.ca
Tue Jul 7 10:38:51 PDT 2009

Hi,

  Although there is little activity on the Gibraltar card I thought I would
stir the pot a little. Folks might be interested in a new GPS product that
was released this spring.

  Trimble has a version of the Resolution-T GPS timing board meant to be
mounted directly to a pcb. The Resolution-SMT, a 19x19 mm component, has the
same specs as its discrete component brother.  A significant diet program
has reduced the size and the per-unit cost.

  Trimble normally markets these in OEM reels of 500 but has a 'sample pack'
of 20 for developers. I received a quote from the Canadian rep of US$30 per
unit for a 20 unit sample pack. (Of course the 'misc' fees and taxes are not
included)

Quick quide   *http://tinyurl.com/oxxauy*
User manual  *http://tinyurl.com/ns6m8a*

regards