[hpsdr] KISS Konsole

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Jul 7 18:26:59 PDT 2009

Phil, Dave, George and whoever else is now contributing to KK,

I've been away from the KK HPSDR activity for a couple of months or so
now but I'm ecstatic to return to find all the great progress that has
been made by you fellows.  Excellent job!!  I'm very pleased to say
that I've got version 1.0.0 running fine on my XP x64 system now and
can compile and run everything with VS2008 with no problems.

Congratulations on getting the wide bandwidth option up and flying!
It's VERY rewarding to be able to look at 60MHz all at once if you
choose to do so.  This wide-band feature, and modifications of it,
will be of great importance to those wanting to use HPSDR for radio
astronomy with KK, not to mention those that want to use it as an SDR
spectrum analyzer.  I know several people who want to do RA with this
program, in addition to me, so getting this feature up and running is
very exciting!

So far I have a few initial teething problems with version 1.0.1 on my
particular system but I'll get it flying shortly, I'm sure.  I can
hardly wait to see it works relative to v1.0.0.  I'm pleased to say
that now that I can spend some time once again playing with the
program and trying to add things pertinent to RA.  I only looked at
v1.0.1 for a few minutes before posting this so please don't be
concerned at all that it didn't run right away on my peculiar computer
setup, hihi.  I probably simply have something in the wrong place.

This little KK project is already a winner in my book.  As was the
original intention, it successfully permits a base from which even a
non-professional programmer such as me to be able to get in there and
try stuff!

Again, congratulations on the progress!!

73,  Joe K5SO