[hpsdr] Drilling and Blasting

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 12 18:24:57 PDT 2009

Hi All,
I finally found the right size power supply modules to fit in Pandora so I can run it off an AC line. 5 Volts at 3 amps, and Plus and Minus 12 at 3 amps. I'm hoping to avoid using a fan but will hang one off the back below the logo if required. The 12 VDC input was replaced with a line socket off an old PC supply with an internal emi filter. Just above that I mounted a line fuse socket. The 5 volt module sits where the LV module would go and the dual 12 volt module across the front almost up to the filter box. This leaves a small area between the filter box and front panel. This is the area on the front panel where the power switch and a small neon lamp.The addition of linear supplys adds weight to hold it in place. I don't need more than 1/2 watt to drive to my final but there is still a bit of space for other circuits if required.
Please don't design any deeper boards or I will need a different 12 volt supply.
Two more holes to drill on the front panel and I can start wiring. Need to sleep on the front panel holes. Frank WA1GFZ