[hpsdr] Call for Comments and Discussion - OzyII

Dan Quigley dquigley at msn.com
Sat Jul 18 23:31:35 PDT 2009

Hi Bill, I only saw the comment mentioning incomplete support for Vista and
Windows 7.  I'll ask around and see if I can help quantify/clarify that.  I
know there were some NDIS additions for those OS versions, but I am not
exactly sure what incomplete means in that context.  From the post you
pointed me to it seems there are Unix incompatible extensions to winpcap to
support sends.  I am not sure what that means to Linux users.

One thing is certain, with NDIS the idiosyncrasies with USB support won't be
a problem and winpcap is more mainstream from what I can tell.

Dan