[hpsdr] Call for Comments and Discussion - OzyII : To TCP/IP or not to TCP/IP

Jonathan Naylor naylorjs at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 03:35:12 PDT 2009

I forgot to mention that we used UDP/IP for both the commands and the data. I felt it more important to have speed and simplicity rather than the complexity of TCP, not to mention the possibility of a stall in the data waiting for a TCP retry. The data includes a sequence number to eliminate out-of-order processing, while the commands have a simple stop-and-wait ack system, which is adequate for the purposeintended.

Jonathan  G4KLX