[hpsdr] Ozy with Altera FPGA --C8N and -- C7N

Willi Reppel wi.re at telia.com
Thu Jun 4 15:43:31 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I installed today, after the dust has settled, firmware for Mercury and Penny following Phil´s most recent Quick Startup Guide. I have two Ozy boards and used the one with Altera FPGA --C7N for transfer of the new firmware and to operate the radio. I am amazed about the improvements and audio drop outs are completely gone. The radio works now with 192 k sample rate and 2040 buffer size.
My second Ozy board is populated with an Altera FPGA --C8N and I hear merely audio crackles when I exchange the Ozy boards. However, I did not load the USB Blaster capa-bility into the  Ozy with Altera FPGA --C8N. So far I understand, Ozy is loaded on each startup with firmware which resides in the PC´s memory.
Thanks to all the programmers who helped to reach this milestone. So many have to thank so few.

Intel Pentium Dual CPU
1.8 GHz
2.00 GB RAM
Windows XP