[hpsdr] Latest code: UPDATE

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 10:08:29 PDT 2009

I missed some of you guys and the list on the first post.

Hi guys,

I have seen a lot of postings of audio distortion on receive and have not
experienced that here,
however, the transmit signal is very rough. I have looked at it on another
SDR and also looked
at K5SO signal this morning, and both he and I confirm a very rough signal.
 I am seeing LSB
and spurs when on USB, and also the reverse. It is very hard to describe,
but K5SO signal not
only sounded quite rough, but looked terrible on the panadapter.

I know this is not much help, but I will try to do some definitive trouble
shooting today.

I don't want to be an alarmist, but I think it bears looking into. I am
reverting back to May
29 code to see if that cleans things up.

73 de Joe
K1RQG

UPDATE

Both Joe, K5SO, and I reverted back to KD5TFD 28 May, 2009 PowerSDR, but
did NOT
change FPGA code in Peny or Mercury and this seems to have cleared up the
distortion
problems. We confirm this on the air on 20 meters. Joe's signal cleaned up
nicely from
what it was with the latest code, and he reports my signal was cleaned up
as well.Now
oddly enough, I can still receive at 192k/2048 with no pops or distortion.
Should this be
that 192k/2048 works OK? As I recall, I could run at 192k/512 but not  2048!

The firmware version reads as follows:

Ozy FX2: 2009524
Ozy: 13
Mercury: 27
Penelope: 12

73 de Joe
K1RQG

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377049x1201454365/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.co
m/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=JunestepsfooterNO62)