[hpsdr] Saga of not working

Richard Ames richard at ames.id.au
Wed Jun 3 12:06:44 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 19:02 +0800, Phil Harman wrote:

> >> 2.  Edit initozy11.bat and add Pause on the last line.  Run initozy11.bat
> >> and read the information
> >> in the DOS window - does it indicate any errors?
> >
> > Yes. All the 'WriteI2C' commands fail.
>
> That is normal since these are only used by Penny and Janus
> >

> > On Mercury - Steady Red: D3 Steady Green D1,14,15,17

The line above was wrong it should of been: On Mercury - Steady Red: D3
Steady Green D14,15,16,17

> Since LEDs  D9 and D10 are not flashing on Mercury this indicates that the
> FPGA has not loaded its code.  Try loading the latest version again.

I did this and the process completes without error.

I re-read your readme.txt and I note one discrepancy - there is no
Altera device showing in the Win XP devices... last note in section 4 of
the readme.txt. It was there when I first installed... about two months
ago.

Also during the several on and off cycles of the Mercury card D9 and 10
did come up flashing! only once out of maybe 15 cycles.

Regards, Richard.