[hpsdr] Re Ozy Problem

Sheldon Hands as5770972 at sapo.pt
Thu Jun 4 05:10:03 PDT 2009

> Would anyone else having the chattering relay and or
> audio holes/gaps problem,
> with the updated software please comment as to
> whether you have the C7N or C8N version of the FPGA on your Ozy.
> --- Graham

I have the C8N part.

I have no relay chatter but some buffer settings/ sample rates cause
problems. Far more pernicious is the high level of spurii on the bands above
15mtrs. 10 meters is very bad with carriers tuning at 2x and a fixed spike
offset by 20kz from the filter center.

Last night we had a good 15mtr opening to the US but I was dismayed to get a
report that I also  had a tx signal at  both +/- 100khz.

This morning I have switched around the cards on  Atlas and now have an
almost perfect set up. The privious problem I reported of total audio break
if ANF or NR were selected has gone.

The line up now is Ozy J5 Pen J3 and Merc J1. There does remain though a
spur at 28.416.

The Computer is a P4 at 2.4ghz.  Pwr SDR is running in real time . The DPC
latency checker is averaging 50us with a max of 124us  over a 3 or 4 minute
test.

Shel CT1IZU