[hpsdr] spectrum increased frequency resolution?

John Melton John.Melton at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 9 02:12:06 PDT 2009

I have been looking at this for a while and I don't think that extending
the FFT and padding with zeros will give you the resolution you are
hoping for on the bandscope.

I think to get better resolution on the bandscope we need to have some
help from Mercury.

I have modified ghpsdr to have the FFT use 32768 samples (4096 actual
samples and the rest padded with zeros).  This allows me to do a 16X
zoom on the bandscope (i.e. I can see 3840 KHz) where I get a 1:1
sample/pixel display.  You really cannot see much additional
information. It is simply the original display stretched out.  After
all, it only had 4096 samples to start with.

I have committed the code into the svn store if anyone is interested.

Regards,

John g0orx/n6lyt