[hpsdr] KISS Konsole V1.0.1 Beta released

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Thu Jun 11 05:48:50 PDT 2009

Dear Phil,
Thanks for the great code update!

Since I live in an English-speaking place (US), KISS works fine for me and I
don't have data entry or KK.CSV file problems.

I've a bit of experience with dealing with Decimal Separators myself.  When
I look at your code, I'm not sure that it solves the problem you want to
solve.  I think you want NumberFormatInfo.NumberDecimalSeparator set to
period ('.'), rather (or in addition to) NumberGroupSeparator set to comma
(',')

You can do this all by setting nfi = NumberFormatInfo.InvariantInfo, like
Phil C suggested.  Unfortunatley, the second of Phil C's examples returns
'12' and not '1.2' as the floating point value...

I've a few other code changes (fixes?) that I would like to propose.  Is it
best to email off-list?

There are two issues to solve:
1) how does the user enter data into the program while it is running?  (this
typically uses the Current locale that Windows is set to use, unless you
code otherwise)
2) how is data preserved between runs (this can use InvariantInfo more
readily)

73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV
Long-time C# (and C and C++) programmer