[hpsdr] Hgx2

Georg Prinz getpri at t-online.de
Sun Mar 1 13:34:27 PST 2009

Joe, Ken and All,

DttSP is the main code for PowerSDR. So far as I know it supports up to
4 receivers and the receiver number is a parameter. Based on this
information this would mean that no changes on the mercury board would
be necessary. The communication is done through OZY.

Further more the DttSP receiver (PowerSDR) is split into three parts:
pre-processing common to all parts, demodulator and a post-processing
part.

Because I am not familiar so far with the detailled source code I have
to assume:

Taking into account the upper structure for a dual configuration
application in our sense (Phase diversity) we would need an addition to
the pre-processing part.

The application I have in my mind is, to eliminate the phase-lines in a
cross-yagi configuration.

As I understood Joe, for his application it is the same topic, but
without the demodulation part.

The output signals of mercury are the real and imaginary part of the
received spectrum.

Using two receivers, we need to add the two outputs as vectors. This
means adding the two real parts and the two imaginary parts together.
Maybe a normalization will be necessary to stay within the applicable
magnitude range.

This combined signal can be passed to the pre-processing section of
DttSP.

The post-processing section (GUI) needs some addition to show the phase
of the two antennas.

For Joe, the magnitude seems to be enough and has to be calculated
separatedly. I can imagine that he needs a different post-processing
module without demodulation of the signal.

Please consider my text as a first step to get ideas what we want and
how it could be implemented.

Vy 73,
Georg, dl2kp