[hpsdr] Lecture #9

Georg Prinz getpri at t-online.de
Sat Mar 7 03:33:14 PST 2009

Hello Kirk,
going through lecture #9 I got some questions and remarks:

- If you don't mind, could you post the testbench code for your example
OneWire_xmit/rcv as presented in the lecture?

- I can imagine that the testbench for complex projects will be much
more complicated than the tested code itself. Also the involved testtime
will exceed the actual coding time significantly.

- Which tool did you use to synthesize the code in the lecture?  Is it
available anywhere on the net, or is this your professional tool? Which
tool was/is used for HPSDR?

- Presented state machine:
It should be mentioned that there is a rather complicated process
involved to develop the state-machine with all its states and
transitions before coding. This is the main complicated engineering part
of a project.
The code will be as good as your model is defined. This is in general a
more intuitive process and reflects the experience in problem solving.
Maybee there is an interest in how to analyse a given task or problem.

Best Regards

Georg, dl2kp