[hpsdr] QSO on 3 at 400 mW - Reducing output of Penny?

Alexander Geckeler alexander.geckeler at gmx.de
Sun Mar 1 10:47:39 PST 2009

Mark Amos schrieb:

> Just had to share the excitement...
>
> I made my first 30 meter contact under 1 watt this afternoon (with the
> recently tweaked Penny T2).
>
> N1GKE called me back after a couple of CQs and we had a nice QSO.  Of
> course, all the skill was on his end, digging my half watt signal out of the
> noise, but it was pretty exciting nonetheless!
>
> What a fun little radio! Still thinking about an amp - can't wait to go QRO
> with 5-10 watts!  Looking forward to Pennywhistle.
>
> Mark
> W8XR

Hello All!

I asked myself if it is possible to reduce the output level of Penny to
0.1W within PowerSDR?
The reason is, that I found an interesting 10W PA
(http://www.qrpproject.biz/QRPPA2008.html) which need only 10mW input to
produce 10W output.
Or is it unproblematic to drive that kind of PA with Penny without any
adjustment of the output level?

I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Alexander