[hpsdr] QSO on 3 at 400 mW - Reducing output of Penny?

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Mar 1 11:40:02 PST 2009

...or, alternatively, you can remove JP2 on Penelope so that the input
to the power output stage is removed and take your rf power out from
JP2 itself (as Phil H. explained how to do earlier on this reflector)
while running the PA Settings in PowerSDR near the high output power
end of their ranges so that the original good dynamic range is
maintained.  I do that presently to obtain approximately 1mW output
from Penelope to drive my external amplifier chain to 1.5KW out.  It
works great!

73,  Joe K5SO