[hpsdr] Pandora

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Mar 4 17:36:10 PST 2009

Hi Francis --

Just a couple of quick comments:

1.  We considered a metal bracket, but it just doesn't work with the
current cards we have to support.  The foam could break down over time,
but it's easy to replace.

2.  We're not planning to drill the cover slots for connectors to come
through; instead, just leaving the space open around the card.
Fabricating custom plates for each board would have been too expensive.
  So, the main purpose of the covers is for unused slots.  But if
someone wants to drill the covers themselves, that may work.

3.  More generally, the enclosure is made from aluminum rather than
steel, because that will make it easier for folks who want to do their
own modifications.

73,
John
----