[hpsdr] Multiple Independent Receivers & Mercury

Georg Prinz getpri at t-online.de
Thu Mar 19 05:09:28 PDT 2009

Hello Steve,

from my point of view dual or multi receiver boards are necessary for
various applications. This is the case when you are using several
antennas in different locations. This is applicable for e.g. space
diversity reception, localization of sources, beam forming, calculation
of wave polarization (e.g. eme) etc. The reason is that you need the
complex information (amplitude and phase) at each position.
It is for shure, that not a complete receiver chain is necessary. The
information I and Q out of mercury will be sufficient (that does not
mean that the existing firmware can be used unchanged), but the
processing part in the PC have to be expanded and adapted to the
appropriate application.

Furthermore, all these receivers have to be synchronized to get the
information at different locations at the same real time. Otherwise the
signals are useless.

Georg
DL2KP